December 21, 2008

You Got To Love Her

She is so sweet. And she is trying so hard to feel good. It's just not always working. Last night was really hard for Shirley. Lots of vomiting. But doing a little better today. She has had to call the Hospice Nurse several times but she told me today she thinks she has it figured out. So we will see. Unfortunately, Shirley's pain seems to be increasing rapidly. And that is really hard to watch.

Last night when I was over at her house, I ended up being the last one there. We got to really talk and laugh a little and it was almost like she wasn't even sick. I will treasure moments like that. I'm so scared her pain is just going to take over...and that's the last thing we want. She hates being in pain more than any person I know. I feel so bad for her and there is nothing I can do.

Today her kids came home so I am sure they are enjoying some family time at home finally. Let's pray Shirley can go to bed pain free and get a good night's sleep.

I love you Shirley,

Teresa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Buffy hope you are feeling a little better today,
Love, Aunt Connie

Anonymous said...

Shirley,
I am so glad you are home. Make sure you call the hospice nurse as ofter as you need her. That is her job. Your family is probably so glad to have you home for the holidays. Just being able to be around everyone that loves you is a blessing. We are praying for you everyday Shirley. Love You,
Janet Anne

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're home, Shirley. It always feels better to be at home. I pray that you're pain will just go away and you'll be able to enjoy your family for Christmas. It makes me so sad that you have to go through this. You're so lucky to have such an awesome family. They really love you. I won't be able to check the blog until the 29th now, I'll be out of the office and don't have email at home. So, I'm wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas and I hope you'll be feeling decent. Teresa, it is VERY obvious how much you love your sister, and your whole family. What a great person you are...

Dusty