December 02, 2008

GOOD NEWS

Shirley had an MRI of her brain today and I think the doctor's exact words were "we only found air". Mike liked that one. It was such a terrifying wait. But it's over. And the other good news is they stuck an I.V. in her arm and her headache was instantly gone. Imagine that. I think we could all use a little of that.

Shirley is doing good right now. We left her in her chair with her pillow and blanket with Mike by her side. They believe her headaches are from several different things. #1 Stress, #2 high blood pressure and #3 Iron. So they will try to get this under control. Next week if Shirley is up for it we will do another treatment and then three weeks after that a CT scan to see how this treatment is working.

The one thing I will say is that she gets wonderful care there. Very compassionate people.

I know this whole process is very stressful. I'm not sure anyone could put it into words. The emotions, the stress. It's ridiculous. They did bring a wonderful counselor down to talk to us all and I think he will help.

For now, I am thanking the good Lord for not letting my sister have cancer in her brain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah.. Good news!!!!! So glad that you are feeling better!!!!! Love Pat

Anonymous said...

That is great news. I'm glad you are feeling so much better. You are a trooper Shirley. No words can express how sorry I am that you and your family are going through this. Thank you Teresa for keeping us posted on the Blog..I check it everyday, several times a day!

Diana (White) Kraft

Anonymous said...

That is the most wonderful news that Shirley is an airhead, just kidding. The grestest part is that I prayed so hard yesterday and God truely blessed it by the simple wave of his loving hand by giving her relief of her pain. No matter how it happened it happened miracles are here if we are willing to open our eyes and see. As Shirley has said always it is in God's hands and she truely is. God bless my younger sister Shirley heal her body soul and spirit and comfort her and her husband and children. Help her family and calm there fears and give us all grace to overcome. In Jesus name Amen

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH...THAT IS AWESOME NEWS....I'm so glad to hear it. I'm thinking of you always, Shirley...Have a wonderful day..

Dusty