December 17, 2008

Hemoglobin

That is the key word. That's low so they had to do a blood transfusion. According to everyone here, that is pretty common for somebody who has a major illness. So o.k. Whatever we need to do. It's actually pretty gross.

She is doing really, really good. She ate solid foods today and has kept them down. She seems to be getting a little energy back. Her pain is difficult to control sometimes. When they unhooked the pain pump to give her the blood transfusion - you could tell that the pain was coming back. So they had to hook that up through a separate I.V. Other than that, doing good.

Mom is staying with Shirley tonight. So I am confident she will be taken care of. I know they are trying really hard to get Shirley home. We have a week until Christmas...so they need to work hard.

Our sister Tear is coming into town from West Virginia on Friday. She will stay the weekend. Hopefully it will be out in Piper and not here in the hospital.

So tonight, we need to pray for Shirley to keep getting stronger and to help relieve some of her pain. And get this girl home for Christmas. I am sure Santa would find her here, but he would rather see her in her own bed in her own house.

Love, Teresa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying that Shirley feels well enough to make it home for Christmas. The love and support you all are giving her is so wonderful to read. That is wonderful news that you are feeling a little bit better Shirley. I am super glad you were able to eat a bit today and keep it down. Thoughts and prayers always.

Diana

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for Shirley to go home soon. I am glad she was able to keep some food down. I know I have already said this, but Teresa you are doing a great job with this site and we all so appreciate it! Love and prays to all! Janet Anne

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that Shirley was able to eat a litle and was feeling a little better. I will be praying Shirley will feel well enough to be home for Christmas.

Thinking of all of you.

Tina

Anonymous said...

THIS IS GOOD NEWS AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER FOR MYSELF ON FRIDAY.
LORD FATHER IN HEAVEN GIVE MERCY AND GRACE TO MY FAMILY FOR MY SISTER SHIRLEY. CONTINUE THE HEALING YOU HAVE ALREADY STARTED AND KEEP HER SAFE IN YOUR HANDS. STRENGHTHEN MY BELEIF IN YOU AND ALSO MY FAMILIES BELEIF IN YOU. KEEP MY BROTHER-N-LAW AND NEICE AND NEPHEW IN YOUR CARE AND COMFORT THEIR FEARS. IN THY SON JESUS NAME, AMEN
LOVE TO ALL SEE YOU FRIDAY
TEAR

Anonymous said...

That's awesome...I'm glad she finally got some food in her...I hope the rest of the family is still taking care of themselves, too. Still praying for you all..

Dusty