December 30, 2008

Doing a Little Better

O.K. the update from our mother is that Shirley is doing a little better today. Aunt Carolyn (my mom's sister) has come back to town from Michigan so she is up there right now and they are all having a nice visit. I am so jealous and wish I was there.

I hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve. I normally throw a nice family party at my house every year, but I don't think we will be doing it this year. I know that Shirley would not be able to attend, so that really puts a damper on things. Not much fun knowing Shirley would be at home sick. Not that she would care. She would tell us to go ahead and have it. But I think it will be a nice quiet evening this year. I know that my kids are excited because Sammy and Alex will be coming over to spend the night. At least the kids are happy!!!! That's very important right now. And I know they all need each other. It's awesome the friendship these kids (cousins) have developed. That has always been important to me and Shirley that our kids be close.

Happy New Year!!!!!

Teresa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa, I so agree with you. Dont ever live your life with regrets. We all make mistakes, but they are only mistakes if nothing was taught from that. Your trip to Vegas was a wonderful idea and what a great memory. I dont fly either, but we all do things we dont like. Everything in life happens for a reason. We may not see it at first, but there is a reason. Love to all and Happy 2009! Janet Anne

Anonymous said...

I AM JEALOUS OF NOT BEING THERE BECAUSE WHEN THE WOMEN IN MY FAMILY GET TOGETHER LOOK OUT THEY HAVE FUN TOGETHER. ENJOY YOUR VISIT AUNT CAROLINE
LOVE TEAR