December 14, 2008

Another Day At The Hospital

Poor Shirley was again allowed no food or drink today. She still has pancreatitis so they are trying to get that cleared up. They are going to do another lumbar puncture. We are so ready to be done with tests and just get Shirley eating again. She is actually hungry and ready and they are just not letting her.

To be honest, it was a really good day for her. And that sometimes will fool you. So on one hand I am so grateful that she is alert and awake and I am able to talk to her all day. On the other hand, when I get home, reality sinks in. At this point, I am ready to get Shirley home, eating and just enjoy Christmas. Still not sure if we will make that happen but we are going to try as hard as we can.

Thank you all for your prayers and feel free to call or check on her whenever you feel the need. If I am not updating quickly enough, I totally understand your desire to find out how she is. She is really adorable laying in her bed with new purple jammies and her white cap to cover her little bald head. But she will not let me take a picture...so sorry.

Will try to update sooner tomorrow. I plan on being up there as soon as I can in the morning and hopefully....maybe....possibly...she will get to eat her breakfast. And not get sick.

Love, Teresa

5 comments:

Gary Allen said...

Glad to hear you all had a good day. I was just checking in on Shirley's condition. Hoping and praying for more good days to come. It would be nice if you all could be at home for the holidays. Let me tell ya, it S---s being in the hospital on the two best Holidays of the year. Talk to ya soon and tell Shirley Hello and hang in there. :)

Gary Allen said...

Teresa, almost forgot,(not really,lol) you are doing a fine job posting the updates on this blog for everyone. i think it is wonderfull that you are doing this for your sister.

Anonymous said...

I FINALLY GOT TO TALK TO SHIRLEY ON THE EVING OF THE 14TH AND IT WAS WONDERFUL TO HEAR HER VOICE. I WISH I WAS THERE WITH MY FAMILY WHILE SHIRLEY IS IN THE HOSPITAL. THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT UNITY DURING TIMES OF CONCERN FOR A LOVED ONE, IT HELPS IN A WAY TO COPE WITH YOUR FRUSTRATIONS AND FEELINGS TO SHARE WITH ONE ANOTHER AND KNOW THE OTHER UNDERSTANDS YOUR FEELINGS.
TREE YOU ARE DOING A FINE JOB AND YOU AND KATHY ARE GREAT SISTERS AND TOM AND TIM ARE THE BEST BROTHERS IN THE WORLD.
LOVE TO ALL OF YOU
TEAR LYNN

Anonymous said...

Teresa,

I also think you're doing a great job keeping us all up to date. Hopefully it will all work out and Shirley will get to be home for Chirstmas. Can you possibly put Kathy's email address in? Wendy wants it.

Thank you and give Shirley a hug

Dusty

g said...

Love to you all. Prayers sent to the Most High God in your behalf.
Words fail me. Only prayers are heard. Only love remains.
Bless you - each and every one.
Sharon