December 05, 2008

Hard Times

Things aren't going well for poor Shirley. Headache is still not gone. Mike called me last night trying to get in touch with her doctors. I'm so grateful he looks to me for help. I mean what else am I good for. Unfortunately doctors don't like that. So Teresa is not allowed to call doctors anymore. It's that Hipa thing. I'm o.k. with that. I will find another job.

Shirley's head hurts, her stomach hurts, she sleeps a lot. According to the doctors we just need to get her medication under control. And we will. Just the thought of this many days of pain for her makes me sick. I am going to have very positive thoughts today and pray for her that this is the day we make a turn around. And this weekend she starts feeling a little better.

Mom went up and checked on her last night and nobody knows you better than your mom and she assured us that Shirley was o.k. for now. So that made us all feel better.

Thank you Commenters and Classmates of Shirley. You guys will never, ever know how much these comments help. I hope someday I can see you and tell you in person how much that means to me. I do this blog for you all to get updates on this amazing person but also to get you all to pray for her and I know that you guys are coming through for me. Thank you.

I told my son last night that the one thing that I will always remember is how many comments in my lifetime I heard about Shirley's beautiful long red hair. Strangers would comment about it. Well she doesn't have that right now, but she is living proof that hair does not make the person.

The last thing I can say today is PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY. Dear Lord, take her pain away. I know she is in your hands and you have your own plans for Shirley, but please take her pain away. Hold her and comfort her.

Love, Teresa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too pray that they are able to get the meds turned around for you, Shirley and get you to feeling better. Not a minute goes by that you are not in my thoughts. All the good times in High School and that cute giggle of yours! Hope this cheers you some! And for giggles just a rememberence that I remember all the time is when we went to MCD's and you ordered a double double cheeseburger and sang the song to the person taking your order! Hope you get to feeling better; you have a wonderful family that loves you alot!

Diana (White) Kraft

Anonymous said...

Ang and Kristi and I pray for you daily...we want to come see you or help you with anything you need. You can take advantage of us in whatever way you can think of!!! (Well within reason :) we do have our morals) We don't want to just barge in but we will if we don't hear from you soon little miss!! Don't make me post those bachelorette party pictures :)

We love you sweetie!!
Paige, Ang and Kristi

Anonymous said...

I wish I could've heard Shirley sing that song. I'm cracking up just thinking about it....Let's hear ya, Shirley...hope you get to feeling better, SOON...you will, eventually..I'm sure of it..

Dusty

Anonymous said...

Shirly,

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep thinking positive thoughts.

Hang in there. Send me a post if I can do anything.

MarlaBarber@citizensfsb.com

Love you all.
Marla

Anonymous said...

Aunt Shirley, Aunt Teresa, Aunt Kathy, Grandma and Everyone else I pray every morning and night for you guys. I know that I come from a long line of some very strong women. I love you all and miss you all very dearly. I hope that these headaches will go away and that this new treatment get better. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts, heart and prayers.
love you all
rachel