December 27, 2008

Christmas is Over

It took me a couple of days to be able to actually post again. Lots to do.

I think overall it was a great Christmas. The kids were very happy. Shirley, unfortunately, was very sick. We did not spend the day with her. She came for a few minutes but was so nauseated that she needed to go back home. They called the hospice nurse and had her come out. She worked her magic and Shirley was feeling much better by the time she left. And that night and yesterday were pretty good days. Mom visited with her today and said she was doing really good today. Eyes were bright, she was talkative and was even talking about eating. Which she really needs to do. She is really losing weight. Kathy and I plan to make a visit there tomorrow.

There were some parts of Christmas that were very sad this year. But I think overall our families together made it wonderful. We were there for each other for comfort and that means so much.

I hope that all of your Christmas days were wonderful and full of love.

Now let's see what the new year brings.

Love,

Teresa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been keeping up with your posts, Teresa, but couldn't leave
a comment before. But after talking with your mom today, I'm
going to give it another go. We
were so touched Christmas eve when
Sam and Alex rang the doorbell with
goodies from Cindy and Shirley's
kitchen. But that normalcy is pretty important to those kids. I'm sure it was a valiant effort
for all involved.
I'm sorry you have to do this blog.
But it is very helpful to many people and eventually I think you
will see it as very cathartic.
You are right, Shirley is a very
special girl with a very neat
personality and sense of humor.
Very difficult to know what to say
except there are many with you in
spirit while you are going through
this. God Bless your whole family,

Anonymous said...

forgot to sign the last blog, sorry. Linda Gilliland

Anonymous said...

Glad you all have each other. Family and friends are how we make it through the crazy times in our lives. Hope you all have a happy new year. Teresa, you are doing a great job with this blog. Please give everyone a hug and kiss for me. Love Janet Anne

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the updates...Shirley we Love you!
Robert King

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you everyday!
I am sorry to hear Shirley wasn't feeling well for Christmas Day. I am sure you were all glad to see her for the few minutes she came.
I am praying your visit will be just as good as your Moms(Hi Debbie, I miss you)Praying Shirley will be bright eyed,bushey tails, and in great spirits as well.
Love and Prayers sent your way.
Love,
Robin