December 08, 2008

Shirley

I guess we will just start with the basics. Things aren't very good right now. The problems she is having is vomiting, fatigue, no appetite. I'm scared of how much weight she has lost because she isn't eating. The hair is gone now. And I know her poor little head itches so bad. She tries so hard to look like she is doing ok but she's not. I am praying to God it's the chemo doing this to her and not the cancer. I guess we will find out tomorrow. She goes to the doctor. They will check her out and I guess if her bloodwork shows that she is up for it, she will have this horrible chemo again. Right before Christmas. I hate it. And I don't know if it's the right thing to say, but I am praying to God she cannot have that chemo. I want her to have some strength, to eat, to get out of bed and enjoy Christmas in two weeks. This chemo is not right for her body. We don't even know if it's getting the tumors, but it's literally disabling her.

I know she is in so much pain and a lot of problems she is having is from the pain medication. She is very medicated.

This is absolutely the hardest thing I have ever been through and I could not feel more helpless. I am hoping things look better tomorrow.

And before I sign off....Happy Birthday Grandma:)

Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I AM NOT SURE WHAT TO SAY OR WRITE. I AM AT WORK LOOKING AT THIS BLOG AND MY FAMILIES PICTURES KNOWING THAT THIS IS MY LIFE PAST AND FUTURE. THE LOVE I FEEL WHEN I SE EVERYONE IS GREAT AND SAD. SAD BECAUSE I AM SO FAR FROM HOME AND WISH I WAS THERE TO HELP OR DO SOMETHING TO EASE THE PAIN AND COMFORT THE WEARINESS. BUT I KNOW IF I WAS THERE THERE REALLY IS NOT ANYTHING I COULD DO EXCEPT JUST LISTEN AND PRAY FOR HOPE, GRACE AND MERCY FOR MY SISTER THAT GOD'S HEALING HAND BE LAID UPON SHIRLEY FOR RELEASE FROM PAIN HOWEVER HIS WILL IS.
LORD FATHER PUT THY HAND ON SHILREY FOR HER HEALING, HEALTH AND SPIRIT. TOUCH HER SOUL GOD AND SEND THY COMFORT TO HER AND HER FAMILY ESPECIALLY TO HER FAMILY.
IN JESUS NAME
AMEN
LOVE TO ALL TEAR LYNN