December 17, 2008

Blood

Teresa had to go to work today. So this update comes from my desk at work. Which sucks. I was just told by mom that Shirley has to have a blood transfusion today. Her hemoglobin is low. She did have a good night. She is doing good this morning. Trying to eat some more.

They are really pushing for her to start eating and keep food down. I think it is obvious they are trying really hard to get her to go home. So we will see what the afternoon brings. I will be up there by 3:00 I hope and I will update after that.

I'm not sure anything is worse than wanting so bad to be by her side every minute and not being able to. I do have to try to keep my job but I also have to make sure she is my first priority. She is definitely the most important thing. But I do feel much better once my mother or Kathy show up because I know they will take care of her as well if not better than me. She is supposed to have some friends visiting today, so I know that will perk her up.

Have a great day!!!!

Teresa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I UNDERSTAND YOUR WANTING TO BE THERE. ALTHOUGH I AM COMING HOME TO SEE MY BABY SISTER AND I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE HER FOR MYSELF. I LOVE YOU AND THE KIDS AND MIKE SHIRLEY. ALSO TO TOM,CINDY, TIM AND BEA, TERESA AND STEVE, KATHY AND MARK AND ALL MY NEPHEWS AND NEICES AND MOM AND DAD.
I AM SORRY FOR THE EXCITEMENT BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER.
LOVE TO ALL TEAR

Anonymous said...

As I lay me down to sleep I pray the lord my sister to keep.
As she fights this enemy of our I pray the lord to heal her scares.
If she stumbles in the coming days I pray the lord for his mercifully ways.
When my family cries out loud I pray the lord to hold them now.
I pray for one gift this year that s my sister Shirley has no fear.
What ever come of this I thank the lord for his gift that is named Shirley amen and I love you all.