December 23, 2008

I Wish You Could See How Cute She Is

But she won't let me put any pictures on here. She actually let us take her picture but she made me promise not to put any on the blog. But let me tell you, she is really cute. She is kind of shrinking...losing weight. I got to spend some alone time with her last night at her house while the kids went up and decorated mom's Christmas tree.

She let me talk her ear off. I definitely overstayed my welcome but I couldn't help it. It's so hard to leave. She is a good listener but when she gets tired she lays down. She is pushing that button on her pain pump a lot. That worries me. I think she is definitely trying to put up a brave front for us. I can see the pain in her face. Her living room is decorated so nice with her Santa collection and her Christmas Tree. And every night there is a fire in the fire place. It's so nice to sit there and talk to her in that setting. And while I am there, I never want it to end. I want to stay there and talk to her forever.

But I can't, I leave and I just go on living my life. Get up and go to work, take care of my family. I wonder if that is the way it is really supposed to be. I know deep down that my time with her is going to end, so my instinct says to forget everything else and just focus on her. But I know I can't do that. It is what I want to do.

Thanks again for your comments. They are very uplifting and help so much. Please, everyone who tells me what a great sister I am...know that is only for one reason. Because I have the best sister to do that with. And she does not deserve any of this that she is going through.

The year 2008 has been such a nightmare...I will be glad when it is over.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so to hear that you got to spend great quality time with Shirley last night. I hope she is having a good day.

It is so awesome to hear how close all of you are.

Thinking of you all.

Tina

Anonymous said...

IT IS GOOD THAT YOU ARE CLOSE TO HER AND APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE WITH HER AND TO KNOW THAT THE LOVE YOU BOTH HAVE WILL CONTINUE ON AFTER SHE IS GONE ON TO OUR FATHER, I ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE SATURDAY AND WISH THAT I COULD OF STAYED FOREVER WITH HER. I TOLD HER SUNDAY AS I WAS LEAVING WHEN SHE HAD A TEAR IN HER EYE DON'T WORRY I'LL SEE YOU IN THE SUMMER SO SHE WOULD NOT CRY AND SO I WOULDN'T EITHER. YOU TREE ARE DOING A GREAT JOB WITH HER AS IS KATHY, TIM AND TOM. MY BEING SO FAR AWAY IS HARD.
LOVE TO ALL OF YOU
TEAR LYNN

Anonymous said...

We must agree she is cute...Kristi and I got a chance to go visit Shirley last night and it was great seeing her. Like a dork I broke down and cried but Shirley kept it together. She is being very strong for everyone. We think she looked like Shirley and she visited like Shirley because after all it is Shirley. Time is just that, time. No one can blame you for not wanting to leave. Have a very Merry Christmas...

Love,
Paige, Kristi and Ang

Anonymous said...

I am an old co-worker of Shirleys and just received word of this awful news. Please let Shirley know that I am thinking of our great times / giggles while working to fix the old NIBS records. Juanita, Shirley and I had a great time in our own little world of Data Integrity and I really miss those days...and Shirley. Please pass along a cheerful HELLOOOOO from afar from me - and tell her that she is in my prayers. Shirley - I know how strong you are and from reading through this blog, this strength shines through the stories of you again and again. What a tribute to you that so many people admire and love you so. Wishing you restful days full of warmth and family in front of the fireplace this holiday...Dana in Seattle.

Anonymous said...

Hi all,
I am so glad Shirley is home were she belongs....with her family and friends. I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and my you all be blessed in the up coming year! Love to all,
Janet Anne