December 28, 2008

Shirley is Doing Good

Kathy and I just came home from a visit at Shirley's and she was doing really, really good. When we walked in she was eating a few cheetos and we got her a powerade slush. She did drink a little bit of that.

We had a really nice visit. I think Kathy and I wore her out talking so much, so I am sure when we left she immediately laid down to take a nap. But I think it was worth it. We made her laugh some and it was really a good time.

Her poor tongue is still swollen and she is just really losing weight. Other than that, she was very awake and talkative. Awesome. Much better than Christmas day. I think Kathy and I really needed to see her like that. It made us feel better.

Let's hope our days continue like that and maybe she can regain some of her energy back. She mentioned she wanted to go to Hallmark really bad so for now, that's our goal. Of course she was adorable and I miss her already.

Have a great week everyone!!!!

Love, Teresa

4 comments:

sharon said...

Bless you all. You and your family (every single one of them) are an inspiration to all of us.
The encouragement and love and caring and strength you've all shown, and still show (most of all Shirley), give us a slight glimpse into the inter most part of your family threads. You all are most incredible, and so loved by all of us.
Thank you for including us in this journey, we treasure your words and we pray for you all daily.
Shirley has touched the hearts and lives of people she doesn't even know. That in itself is incredible, as she is.
Love you all,
♥sharon

Anonymous said...

That is great news! It is good to have goals for shirley to look forward to. I glad you all had such a nice visit. Laughing is so much fun! Hugs and kisses to all!
JanetAnne

Anonymous said...

hi everyone.i miss and love you alli guess i can live the memories from platte ciy when all of you girle were young jan and shirley on the cycles and karen and thresa on the horses and all of us down at the pond and kathy with the barrel races and then before you knew you were all grown upgosh where does time go, i lov you all
aunt con

Anonymous said...

I AM GLAD TO HEAR HOW WELL SHE IS DOING. I HAVE GREAT SISTERS AND A GREAT FAMILY CLEAR OUT THERE IN KANSAS AND MISS THEM ALL.
I AM GLAD SHIRLEY HAS THEM ALL AROUND HER FOR SUPPORT AND ONLY WISH I WAS THERE EVERY DAY TO HELP OR JUST BE THERE TO HANG OUT WITH HER AND THE REST OF THEM.
LOVE YOU SHIRLEY AND TO THE REST OF MY FAMILY ALSO.
LOVE TEAR LYNN