December 15, 2008

Update

Well we are sitting up here with Shirley and she is doing o.k. She is finally on clear liquids. We got kind of excited about that except for the fact that she did have some nausea - so she didn't really even want them. She is trying though.

Shirley was originally scheduled for another lumbar puncture this morning. She was supposed to have a series of 3. She has had one so far. When the doctors came in this morning, they said they have decided not to do the last 2 because at this point, they couldn't really treat whatever they find. So this doctor at the hospital is going to consult with her Oncologist and decide when Shirley might be able to go home and what our next steps are. He was worried because she will have really bad bouts of pain that is not controlled by her pain pump. They have to give her extra doses. So I guess we will find out soon if or when she can just go home. We are all so ready.

I will update as soon as we find out!!!!

Love, Teresa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just made it to the hospital to see Shirley today. She does look pretty in her jammies and smells better since she had a shower. These days seem to get longer and longer. I hope we can bring her home soon. We appreciate all the comments and prayers.

My e:mail address is kathymcendree@hotmail.com

Love,

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi all,
I spoke with Aunt Debbie today as well as Shirley. It was so nice to hear her voice. Although she did sound very tired. I hope you get to take Shirley home soon. You now what they say...."there is no place like home". Love and prayers! Janet Anne
P.S. I know I cant fix anything, but if I could answer any questions that you may have, I will try my best as a nurse. It is hard talking to all those dr and nurses sometimes. It all just seems to run together by the end of the day.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the address, Kathy. I'll give it to Wendy. She really wants to talk to you. We love you guys...hang in there...

Dusty