December 18, 2008

Good Day...Bad Night

I talked to mom this morning and she said Shirley had a horrible night. She is now constipated and having a disease that affects your G.I. stuff, it is really painful when this happens. This has really been a problem throughout her time with this cancer. But I guess last night, it was awful. She had to have a lot of pain and nausea medication and mom said that a lot of that didn't even help. Hopefully the doctors can help her today. She even refused to eat breakfast or to get weighed this morning. Not feeling good:(

Unfortunately, I had to be at work again this morning. I am hoping to head out of here soon and get up there to her. Not that I can do much, but it will make me feel better. Poor mom got no sleep. She sounded exhausted.

Let's put in a little extra prayer for mom. I think this is all starting to take a toll on her and even though she is one of the strongest people I know, we all need a little extra prayer sometimes.

Will update later...hopefully better news.

Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just told yesterday about Shirley and her struggles this past year. I worked with Shirley for several years a while back. We had a great friendship and worked well together, but unfortunately we lost track of each other thru all of the Sprint/Embarq moves. She always had a smile on her face and I will always remember her laugh, that contagious laugh... Shirley I am praying for a miracle for you and your family. Love & Friendship shared.. Juanita