October 01, 2009

Bus Stop

Every morning when I leave for work, I see 5 or 6 kids down the street waiting for the school bus. When we were little, for a short time we lived in the house that Shirley lived in for the past however many years. And we would wait at the bus stop right outside her house. When I looked at these kids this morning, two of the little girls were doing cheers. We used to do the exact same thing. And of course...Shirley would tell you that I would sing to her every day at the bus stop. And she was the one person I would sing the song to that would become the song I danced to at my wedding. I told her all the time at the bus stop, that would be my wedding song. And it was.

Those are things that her and I shared that I loved. The funny thing is, I have never really just sang to anyone else. I did it to her because she would just roll her eyes at me and make the funny face. As kids you do things to bother your brother or sister...but as adults, I did it because it was something that made us laugh.

I will say I have kind of a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach knowing the holidays are right around the corner. But I know it will all be o.k.

It's awesome outside today!!! I love this weather.

Love,

Teresa

P.S. I just remembered something I had to add after I posted this. Most of the time when I would be singing to Shirley or if a song would come on the radio...she would also try to start singing. Unfortunately she hardly ever would know the words...and the running joke with Kathy, Shirley and I was that Shirley should not sing...if you know what I mean. And we would all just crack up ... I mean really none of us could sing...but for some reason it just stuck that Shirley was the worst singer ever and that was funny to us. It didn't take much...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that's what my sisters think about me, too. PLEASE DON'T SING..But, for some reason, my nephew loves for me to sing. So, when ever he's in the vehicle with me, I always sing extra loud...have a great day.

Dusty

Anonymous said...

Cheerleading! Remember cheering for the 5th and 6th grade football team over at Wyco, I believe? Those home made uniforms and little white tennis shoes. We used to practice at Lori Little's dad's business there on Parallel. Julie Wessel's mom and Mary Lou made our uniforms. Ah...so long ago. :)

Love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

My Mom would always sing to this one patient of hers "Violet" and Violet always told my mom to stop singing cuz whatever she was singing to Violet my mom didn't really know all the words...I think it kind of runs in the family lol ;)

Love,
Tracy