October 08, 2009

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head...


and I love it. I love the rain. Well...I really like sleeping in the rain. But I don't get to do that today. That's o.k. because I will be lunching with Miss Kathy today!!! Yea!!!!

I was trying to think of a good memory of Shirley to write today. I'm super busy at work so it's going to be a short one..but a good one.

Shirley was very stubborn. And Shirley said whatever she was thinking. I really liked that about her most of the time. Last year at this time, Shirley had invited me to a bonfire/Halloween party that her friends Kristi and Paige were having. And I had said yes that I would go and we were both taking our kids. Now, I do not like Halloween at all. It's in the way of my real holidays...o.k. I got sidetracked. The day of the party, I was exhausted. I did not feel like going at all. I knew Mike would be going so I thought it would be o.k. if I backed out. So, I made the phone call. It went like this:

Teresa: "Hey Shirley"
Shirley: "Hi...Do not even think about not going tonight".
Teresa: "I'm not. I was just calling to see how you are doing".
Shirley: "Fine. We will pick you up around 7:00".
Teresa: "O.K. See you tonight".

It was clear that I did not have a choice. And of course looking back...thank God I went. We had a blast. She did great that night. Stayed out pretty late and the kids of course loved it.

I have no idea why that conversation has stuck with me, but it makes me laugh every time. And I still have no idea why she insisted on me going. She was not normally like that. But I love her for making me go. We got a few really good pictures together. And I can still remember sitting in front of that fire next to her...and knowing that I loved her more than anything in the world.

Thank you Shirley:)

Love,

Teresa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh...that cracked me up...

Have a great day,

Dusty

Anonymous said...

Funny story. I really enjoy reading the stories about you and Shirley. What womderful memories you have.

Hope you have a good lunch with Kathy.

Tina

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! :) That is soo funny! She just knew you too well... Thanks for sharing your story.

Love,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Teresa -
Paige and I come on here all the time and read about Shirley - and yes we need to get some of our stories to you. But I just want you to know how THANKFUL we are that you all came last year to the party. I / we love Shirley so much - I am so happy you are getting better with things. I cry all the time - I miss her so bad I can hardly breath at times. Thank you for your memories!! Love Kristi and Paige