October 26, 2009

Crazy...Crazy...Crazy

Life!!!! That is the only way to describe it. My whole weekend was just a blur. And the worst part is I have great pictures from the weekend...and I don't have my cord to hook up to my computer. I promise I will find it and share them with you all. There were some really good times this weekend and deserved to be seen on here.

First let's start with the most important...Steve and I finally did our passports. Tom and Cindy and Tim and Bea have had theirs for months. The pressure was on. But we finally went Saturday morning and did it. Yay!!! Now, let's hope we do not show up on any terrorist list and get denied. wait...maybe I am hoping we do secretly..so I don't have to fly.

Second...Teresa got all her hair cut off. About 8 inches. Now, let me start with Shirley would never approve of that. She wanted my hair long. But when you are looking for some sort of change in your life...you go with what is available. And that was it. I really like it and I think she would too. It kind of reminds me of what her hair looked like last year when she cut hers off right before she lost it due to chemo. I am just going to hope she would like it.:)

Third...We went to dinner and a movie with Tom, Cindy, Tim, Bea, Nik, Jake, Alex and Sam Saturday night. So much fun. We went to a Japanese restaurant and sat at the Habachi. We had food thrown at us and just had a great time. Then we went to see Paranormal Activity...a scary movie the kids wanted us to see. Scary movies for teenagers is completely different than a scary movie for an adult. Lots of teenagers screaming...I of course did get scared but I don't think anyone else did. I ended this night with Alex coming home with me and spending the night. I love him so much that I cannot put it into words.

Lastly...we all gathered at Tom and Cindy's on Sunday to celebrate Brandon turning 20. And Leanna came to town. It was the best!! We were so excited to see her. She is an awesome girl and we love her so much. I am sure that Brandon had a great birthday. He is also an awesome guy and we could not be more proud of him. Tom and Cindy ... you guys did good. :) I was very proud of Crystal...she was there the whole time helping out her momma. Good girl.

I cannot write all of this and tell you that I did not miss Shirley this weekend. Sometimes, it was overwhelming. When I would sit on the couch...I could almost feel her next to me. Because at those times, we alway sat by each other...and giggled or just talked. I also, yesterday, would hear mom talking about her...and I love that. She needs to be a part of all of this stuff even though she is not here. It's just not the same and it's not fair. My family is so awesome...they do not deserve any of this...she should be with us.

So, the weekend is over. I think we are all planning to go out Friday night and celebrate Leanna's last night here. So ...I better rest up.

I love you all....

Teresa

P.S. Bad dog definitely got ignored this weekend...we better go for a run tonight:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You DO have an awesome family..You can tell how close you all are. That's so cool...

Dusty

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend. Lots of great family time. You will have to post some pictures of your new hair cut.

Hope you have a good week.

Tina