October 20, 2009

Serious Injury...

is in my future. Saturday Steve's brother Joe ran in a half marathon. It was amazing to see how many people are out there running. I am sure that most of the people who are running are doing it to stay healthy and maybe get in shape. But the longer I stood on the side watching these people, I realized that a lot of people are running for something else. There were people crying as they finished, there were people wearing shirts that symbolized a loved one, or a cancer they were running for. And there were sisters and best friends holding hands as they crossed that finish line. It was very emotional and very inspirational. Steve and I actually both got emotional and were on the verge of crying.

O.K. regardless, I have become somewhat inspired. So last night, bad dog and I went out for a run. First time for both of us. I am sure everyone who was watching, got a good laugh. It was a lot of work to keep the bad dog from smelling every single pee spot along the way, or every pile of poop. Oh, and then half way through, he decided to crash out in somebody's yard. He had what I call "paralyzed legs". They were stretched out as far behind him as they could go and he was doing a belly crawl across the yard. Ridiculous.

I hope I keep it up. I am really going to make an effort. I need to get in better shape, the bad dog needs to get some exercise...grrrrr....

I don't know if I am actually running for any purpose specifically. I know that Shirley definitely will motivate me. I would like to think maybe I am running for her. She can be my reason. She would be the best reason in the whole world. Friday it will be 9 months since she left us. This might help me get through those bad days.

Have a wonderful day:) I love you.

Teresa

P.S.

Oh and Leanna comes to town this weekend!!! Yea!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome...and exercise is ALWAYS good for the soul..keep it up..

Dusty

Anonymous said...

Way to go Teresa... We love your bad dog stories and maybe he wont be as bad now that he is running some of his energy off.. :)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good run :) Thanks for sharing the bad dog story ;)

Tracy