October 09, 2009

A Cute Memory...

I may have already told this one. It's one of my very favorite...

Shirley and I used to have to share a bed at certain points growing up. And even as we got older, if we went on a trip, we shared a bed many times. Shirley had a certain routine that she would go through every single night in bed. First of all, to put herself to sleep, she had to rub her feet together until she fell asleep. And that is just cute. And you would know when she was awake...because the feet would start moving again.

And then this is the other one...we would get into bed and we would talk. We would talk for hours. Sometimes after we were done talking...we would lay there for a little bit...and then I would think of something else I would want to ask her...This is how this went...

Teresa - "blah, blah, blah, blah"
Shirely - silence
Teresa "Shirley...blah, blah, blah, blah"
Shirley - silence
Teresa - "Shirley...why aren't you talking to me."
Shirley - silence
Teresa - "Shirley...there is no way you could be asleep already"
Shirley - "Teresa...I am saying my prayers".

Shirley said her prayers every single night. And no matter how many times we were in the same bed, I would never realize that was the reason she wasn't answering me. As we got older, this would make us just laugh really hard. Because I still never, ever caught on.

And I said that there was no way she could fall asleep that fast, but that is wrong too. Shirley could fall asleep in a matter of 30 seconds.

Those are the little things I have to write on this blog...because I don't ever, ever want to forget them.

We are playing bunco tonight...and I will miss her like crazy!

Love,

Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a cute story ;) I hope you all have fun at bunco tonight!!

Love,
Tracy