October 19, 2009

Happy Birthday to Mom!! :)











Mom's party Saturday night was a big success!!! I talked to her yesterday and she said it was the best birthday ever. I think she says that every year. But I do think it was the most fun we have had for awhile. The guys started off the day building a ramp for dad's boat down by the pond. Cindy and Mom got in a little shopping before I finally made it out there. Once I got there, we went to a moving sale. Cindy, Mom and I looked around and tried to find things that Shirley would buy if she was there. It's kind of like she was a part of our day.
Once we got back to mom's, mom and I relaxed for awhile, got in a little nap before the evening started. Bea, Cindy and I fixed tacos, Kathy and Mark showed up and the party began.
Kathy fixed mom her favorite - German Chocolate Cake. After we put out the bonfire of candles on top, she got to open up her presents and the card playing commenced. You just can't go wrong with good food, good beer, awesome family and a card game.
We used to play cards with little kids running around the house. Saturday night our "little" kids all decided to go to the movies. Nik, Jake, Sam, Alex and Elaina all went together and it was kind of sad realizing how old they are getting...notice I said them...not us.
We really had a great time. It had all of the potential to be a sad evening, missing our Shirley. Instead, my awesome family turned it into something positive and happy. When we were done playing cards...we sat around and shared some funny memories of Shirley and laughed and talked about her for quite awhile. It felt so good. Again, it was like she was there. So many times I want to talk about her...and I just don't get to.
So enjoy the pictures of my goofy family. Please take note of the family group picture where Bea is looking lovingly at Timmy. I think that is hilarious because I think most of the night Bea wanted to kill him. The alcohol must have warmed her up a little bit. Actually, Cindy looks like she is looking lovingly at Tommy too. Isn't that sweet???
Have a great day everyone!!! Happy Birthday Mom!!!
Love:)
Teresa






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. Looked like a lot of fun! I have to mention something about how your mom and Cindy went shopping BEFORE you got there. Cindy IS the best shopping partner. :)
Kelly

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you all had an awesome time!! :) I love the pictures they are great. Happy Birthday to Aunt Debbie!!

I love you all,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great, you all look a little goofy but hey that is family. I'm sorry I wasn't there to celebrate with all of you. I miss you all so much and more when I see these pictures but thankful for technology to be able to see and participate just a tap of a key away you are somewhat part. You all look GREAT!!
Happy Birthday again MOM
Love you, Tear