October 07, 2009

Friends and Family

I have to say that I am in a really good place in my life with my friends and family. I'm pretty sure that I have always limited myself on friends because that was never a big necessity in my life. Shirley completely filled that void for me. I always had a partner to do things with if I needed someone. I know that my mother feels that way too. I know Shirley was there a lot for her too. I think that was one of Shirley's purposes here on this Earth. And now we are being forced to go outside of our comfort zone and find it somewhere else. I must tell you that my friends and family have definitely done their part in helping fill that void. My mom calls me all of the time and rarely do I have time to even talk to her. I hate that. I hate being so busy that I don't have time to even talk on the phone. But that's really how my life is. My lunches with Kathy never happened before. And now I almost go through withdrawal when I haven't seen her or talked to her for a few days. I spend time with Tim and Bea that I never had in the past. Our drinking nights at Arizona are great therapy. Cindy always knows when I need a little extra support. She always sends it right when I need it. She makes me feel very loved. And when I started putting out invitations to bunco, I realized how many friends I have. And believe me when I say, that has never been the case. Like I said, I never felt that need to have a group of friends. But now that I have them, I love it. And I need them. It's amazing what you are given to help deal with the worst tragedy in your life.

I don't mean this in a bad way at all, and I am sure everyone understands, but I would give it all up in one second to have Shirley back. I was so spoiled with her. She just gave me whatever I needed. In a sister and a friend.

Here at work, we are of course discussing the snow season that is approaching. It is bringing back a lot of stressful memories from last year. I do all of our snow billings and it was just awful last year when I would be sitting with Shirley when she was sick and see it start to snow. Oh well, that is a discussion for another day.

So I want to say today...Friends...and you know who you are...thank you for being there for me. And family...I love you more than anything in the world even though I may not show it nearly as well as you all do.

Have a nice fall day:)

Love,

Teresa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa,

I'm really glad you are feeling and doing a lot better. Each day it seems you grow stronger :)

I hope you sleep well tonight! :)

Good night,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Family anf friends help when you feel all so alone and you have a great support system there.
Love Tear