September 30, 2009

Grief...

So, like I said...I feel like I have been dealing with this better every day. There are days that I don't...but regardless. On one of my websites I get on to...there is an article from the New York Times about dealing with grief. And one sentence in this article jumped out at me. It's something I try to explain to people but just cannot put it into the right words:

“It’s as if the brain were saying, ‘Yes I’m anticipating seeing this person’ and yet ‘I am not getting to see this person,’ ” Dr. O’Connor said. “The mismatch is very painful.”

So many times I am going somewhere or doing something and my first thought is still "I wonder when Shirley will be there" or "I can't wait to see Shirley and tell her something". And then just as quickly...it changes to "She will not be there...she will never be there again". It's such a conflict of emotions in my brain and body and is very upsetting. I guess when they say it takes time...that is what takes time. For your body to break the habit of those feelings of anticipating seeing her.

Anyway...those are my deep thoughts for the day. That's really about as deep as it gets in this brain.

And in response to Miss Kristi and Paige's comment...yes you are welcome to share any stories you would like about our girlfriend Shirley. I am sure you saw your own side to Shirley that not many of us saw:) I love more than anything hearing stories or memories of her. Most of the people I am around on a daily basis did not even know her. So when I talk about her, I get the courtesy smile or laugh. Which is nice...but not the same. Everyone is welcome to share a story on here. And you can do it through the comment or feel free to email me for the login to this blog and I will be happy to give it to you and you can share it right on the front page.

This website is still 100% about Shirley and it always will be. And that is because it is my way to keep her close to me and to help me deal with my grief. And the more people who share ...the more it helps me. And if it helps anyone else, that is awesome.

Have an awesome day!!!!

Love,

Teresa

No comments: