October 14, 2009

Cholangiocarcinoma...

we would never, ever know anything about this disease if Shirley would not have had it. But it is a horrible, horrible thing. I follow several blogs of people who have this same cancer. Their ages range from early 20's to people in thier 80's. And the cancer acts the same in every person...the only difference is how quickly it takes you. The hard part for me is if they are doing their own blogs...and then one day they just stop. That has happened to me a few times and I have to research a little and then I find out it's because they have passed away. The guy I had been following had posted as recently as September 28th. He had his sense of humor, had hope and was 30 years old. I kept looking for updates and then it hit me. After a little research, I found out he died on October 9th.

I can feel the pain these families are going through. I never could feel that before. I would feel sadness before...now I feel pain.

The website that our bracelets are from...are going to have a Cholangiocarcinoma month for awareness. These few people on this website are trying to make a difference for this disease. And it has to start somewhere. Where else do you get help for this awful disease. It needs attention, it needs research. These people are fighting and working so hard. And while Shirley was here...they were fighting for her. I will always be attached to this website, this disease, these people. And I will continue to read as many of their blogs that I can because maybe someday down the road, there will be something I can do.

I don't know who all watches Brothers and Sisters...but mom and I have decided that it is really getting hard to keep watching with their cancer story line. It's hitting a little too close to home.

It's cold, rainy and yucky outside. Stay inside today and have a great day!!!!

Love,

Teresa

No comments: