June 16, 2009

A Year Ago...

I was waiting for mom and Shirley to pick me up to go to Shirley's Chemo appt. I just realized that I started this blog one year ago last Sunday. I was so nervous to tell Shirley about the blog because I knew she hated any attention brought to the fact that she had cancer. She hated it. I told her it wasn't about her having cancer...it was about people who loved her who wanted to know how she was doing. It made me feel so good when she eventually told me how much she liked it.

I would give anything to go back to a year ago waiting in my house for mom and Shirley to come and pick me up. Even if it was to go to a chemo appt.

Love,

Teresa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your quilt..It's beautiful and how awesome to have a huge party for your dad..that's so cool. This blog as been great, too, for a lot of people. I'm glad you started it, too.

Dusty

Anonymous said...

I can think of another good reason for this blog....Girls Night Out! Looking forward to the next one. :0)

Love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's funny how memories like that come flooding back to you. I'm glad you started the blog too. :)

love,
Tracy