June 15, 2009

The Party is Over...
















Wow, what a weekend. Busy. But so much fun. The pictures on here are of several things. I am sure you are wondering how Sue did in his interview. Check out him holding his certificate. He is so proud of himself. He passed with flying colors. When he got home, he slept for almost 2 days. He was exhausted. And my Jakie also got his drivers license on Friday. Not sure if that is such a good thing.

Saturday was a blast! Tommy kept dad busy all morning while we set up for the party. When dad walked into the house, Aunt Carol, Aunt Connie and Uncle Duane came out singing Happy Birthday and poor dad almost had a heart attack. It's so sweet to see how much he loves his sisters. Hey...maybe that's where I get it from. And they love him. How nice of them to come for his party. Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Dan were here and it looked like everyone had a great time. I know mom loves her sister being here too. That is definitely where I get it from. There was a good turn out and we ended up sitting on the porch until midnight talking.

There is also a picture of the quilt mom made me, Aunt Connie mowing grass, Aunt Carol fishing. The boys all went swimming on Saturday ...freezing cold and with catfish....gross.
I was sad Saturday morning driving out to mom and dad's. Knowing there would be no Shirley:( She would have loved having the family in town and having a big party. I swear the first thing I thought of when I woke up Saturday morning was I wonder what time Shirley is going up to mom's. So yesterday before I came home...I went to visit her. I told her I missed her and it is just not the same without her.

Hope you all had a good weekend as well.
Love,

Teresa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a great B-day party for your dad. Thats awesome. Hope you have a good week.

Tina

Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa,

I love all the pictures!! :) :) I heard about the boys going swimming with the catfish and I feel the same...GROSE!! lol But hey as long as they had fun and staying out of trouble why not. lol ;)

I also heard about Uncle Tom's "Geezer cane" with the rearview mirror & horn & whatever else comes on it. I hope my mom got a picture of it. I can only imagine.

Anyway, I'm glad everything turned out and it looks like the weather was perfect. :)

love you,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa Its your cuz Becky just read and saw all the wonderful pictures from big party! Sounds like alot of FUN! Wish I was ther to see Uncle Tom's face...good seeing pictures of all you love and think of you often Becky