January 23, 2009

The End

That's how a book is written. A beginning, a middle and an end. This is the end. Of the blog anyway. My sister is gone. I am heartbroken. I am going through the motions that I am supposed to. I have been through things with Shirley that I will never go through with anyone in my life. I did not watch my own children be born but I watched her son be born. I have never been with somebody as sick as she has been, or ever have ever been in the room with somebody who has passed away before. But I was with her. I was in her room when she went to heaven. I will treasure my relationship with her forever. Never will I meet someone like her ever again. She was one of a kind. And I know you all know that. I miss her right now, my heart aches. We will bury Shirley on Tuesday. Below are the arrangements. We would appreciate anyone who would like to come and pay their respects.

What an awesome person. Thank you all for reading my blog. I did this blog because I knew people loved her and would want to know how her health was with this awful cancer. It ended up being a tribute to the most wonderful sister a person could ever have. It goes so far beyond a best friend. I know what Shirley's skin felt like, what her hair smelled like...everything about her. I kissed her over and over before I left her this morning. So I could remember her. I pray that it will only be a second in time before I see her again.

I hope to see as many of you as I can in the next few days. I love you Shirley and I miss you. Only God knows how much.

Shirley M. Eichost
Shirley M. Eichost, age 42, of Piper, Kansas passed away on Friday January 23, 2009. Funeral Sercices will be 10:00 a.m., Tuesday January 27, at the Wallula Christian Church with burial to follow in the Gates of Heaven Cemetery in Kansas City, Kansas. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday evening at the Alden-Harrington Funeral Home in Bonner Springs. In lieu of flowers the family suggests Memorial Contributions to the Kansas City Hospice House in care of the funeral home.
Shirley was born on Sept. 14, 1966 in Leavenworth, Kansas. Survivors include her husband of six years Mike Eichost of the home, two children Samantha and Alex Francis of the home, her parents Tom and Debbie Lewis of Piper, KS. Two brothers Tom E. Lewis and wife Cindy and Tim Lewis and wife Bea, also of Piper. Three sisters Teresa Noland and husband Steve of Shawnee, KS, Kathy McEndree and husband Mark of Desoto, KS., Tear Moore and husband Guy of Follansbee, WV., maternal grandmother Juanita McKee of Kansas City, KS, fifteen nieces and nephews and two great-nephews.
Arrangements:
Wallula Christian Church
23785 139th St.
Leavenworth, Kansas 66048
Alden-Harrington Funeral Home
214 Oak Street
Bonner Springs, KS 66012
913-422-4074
Again, thank you for this tribute that this blog became for my sister Shirley.
Love,
Teresa

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, I just wanted to say thank you for the blog which you said it right "A Tribute to Shirley". I pray you all have a good nights sleep that is restful and that your minds be put at ease. I pray that you will feel Gods comforting arms wrapped around you with love.
Good night,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. The comment that Mauria made on the last blog was perfect. PERFECT..Thank you, Teresa, for doing this blog. It's only obvious by all of the comments that were made on a daily basis that Shirley made an impact on all of our lives, as did you. I will continue to pray for you as I CANNOT imagine in my wildest dreams going through this with one of my sisters. At least now she's in Heaven and not in pain.

Love,

Dusty Hallam (McCool)

Anonymous said...

She will be missed...
Robert

Anonymous said...

Thanks Teresa For keeping us up too date with Shirleys illness. It was realy a good blog. She was a very sweet person. I wish you good write a book to help others how to love the sick--to stick by your love ones the way all of you did. I know she is looking down on us all. She`ll be missed. Love Linda Allen--- I can`t make it up there tomorrow. Love ya all.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Teresa Thank you for this blog it made such an impact my life and showed a side of Aunt shirley I did not know. As her niece I got to read from all of the people that she touched in her life from her childhood to her workplace. I will treasure that and this blog forever. I pray that God will help you all with the grief that you are going through and help you find comfort.
through this blog it has helped me with some of the grief because
I now know what even more of special person Aunt shirley was. It also helped because I could not be out there. So thank you agian for this and i love you and miss you very much
love
rachel

Anonymous said...

Shirley was so blessed to have you as her sister and support. She will truly be missed.. there were a great many people who loved and valued her.

Anonymous said...

Keep us informed how you are all doing.

Anonymous said...

How R you all doing---I know You want to say --- I want to scream It`s not OK. I miss hearing about the family. Deb I feel your hurt. Love you all--- I`ll see you when I can get up there. Love Linda

Anonymous said...

I hope you're doing OK...

Dusty

Anonymous said...

Thinking of your family.

Tina

Anonymous said...

Dedicated to the wonderful memory of Shirley Eichost. She lived with grace, died with dignity, and is now healed.

Betty Yeager - Embarq teammate

stephanie said...

Dear, Tom, Debbie, Teresa and family, I recently learned from Kim Pitts, that Shirley passed away from cancer. I am so sorry for your loss. My mom passed away suddenly April 19th, 08, from a massive heart attack. It's not the same as loosing a daughter or a sister, but I think I can empathize with the empty, hollow, lost feeling in your heart. Know though that God cares for us, He understands your pain, He wipes away our tears. God knows we grieve for He grieved Himself in Matthew 14:13-14. Jesus sought solitude for a time, but after a time of grief, with the help of our Aba Father we will continue our work in this temporary home until the day we also go to our eternal home. (refrencing Job 3:23-26) Honoring the Lord is easy when we are on the mountain top. Honoring the Lord through trials is when we learn to lean only on God. These are times when we fully depend on God even to carry us when we can't walk. To breathe for us when we can't. I read an article written by a wonderful foster family. In the peice she reminded me that the purpose of parenting is to prepare them for eternal life, thay are not ours. This family only had the kids for 3 months. We do not know how long we have ours either. We are to parent loosely because we are all foster parents. We don't know how long we have to prepare them. Everyday is another day to teach another day to prepare, a blessing. Shirley sounded strong , in the blog. As in 2 Samuel 23 "In life they were loved and gracious and in death they were not parted, they were swifter than angels, they were stronger than lions." Teresa I thought of you in reading the passage in 2 Samuel 26-27. "I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother, you were very dear to me. Your love for me was wonderful more wonderful than that of women." Your sisterly love, displayed in the blogs was heart warming. What a joy and a blessing to have shared this with your sister. You are all in my prayers, may you find your rest, peace and comfort throuth the only one who knows us and has known us since before time began. With love in Christ Stephanie Koeger-Behee and family. I don't know if you even remember me or not but you showed great hospitlity to me when I was stranded at your house for a week during a snow storm in elementary school. Thank you it made for wonderful childhood memories. I am now living in Fleming Island Florida near Jacksonville. I am married to John, his family lives in Leavenworth Ks. We have been married for 20 years and we have 7 children given to uo to raise by God. Please feel free to contact me at stephaniekoeger@yahoo.com