January 17, 2009

Teresa Got Cranky

We came here yesterday with the hopes of them making Shirley more comfortable. Unfortunately, I don't see a lot of that. Shirley has a lot of mucus buildup in her throat and she is not strong enough to cough it out. It makes her sick and it's happening more and more. I don't like it. She is not in a lot of pain. That is under control. But I don't really think the mucus and nausea is under control. And really, that is just my opinion. It's hard watching her go through some of the things she is going through. And hearing them say that these are normal changes her body is going through does not make it any easier.

She has gone 6 days without food and really that's enough for me. It makes me uncontrollably sad. So I am trying to find ways to deal with it because I don't have much of a choice. But please know that I am not happy about it. I want her to be comfortable and peaceful, as we all do.

Maybe with a little more time, that will happen. I don't know. Very frustrating. It's late, going to try to sleep on the sofa. Hope for a better tomorrow. Pray for our Shirley. Pray for our family.

Love,

Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

=O(
It is frustrating to hear the "normality" of something that isn't normal at all.
It is the feeling of helplessness that is overwhelming, when we just need to help.

When I think of you, Shirley...I hear my Mother's voice. In this voice is a scripture, (one of her favorites)

"Be still and know that I am God"

When I hear this, it brings a calmness over me. I share this with you, and everyone who loves you in hopes that it will bring a calmness when feeling overwhelmed and helpless.
Shirley, you are an entity. The love of your family is truly AMAZING. I send my prayers and love to you & your family.
Love,
Kathy's Friend,
Valerie