January 08, 2009

Sad

I'm sad. I decided to call Shirley's house and see how she is doing. Mom put Shirley on the phone and it made me so sad. We have gone from sisters who could talk and laugh every day on the phone to her barely being able to speak.

I don't update as much, because there really isn't much of a change. I apologize. It's not very interesting if I just keep repeating myself. I know everyone loves Shirley and is thinking about her and praying for her. Please keep doing that and I will keep udating.

Kathy and mom are with Shirley right now. Kathy brought Chinese for lunch. Again, I can't express how awesome our family is in supporting each other. It is so comforting knowing that they are with her right now.

I did watch Patrick Swayze's interview with Barbara Walters last night. He got diagnosed about the same time Shirley did last year. He has Pancreatic Cancer and Shirley has Bile Duct Cancer. They are very similar. As a matter of fact, they don't have treatment for Shirley's cancer so they treat it as though it is Pancreatic Cancer. He was very inspirational and very honest. It was really a weird feeling listening to him because I could relate to every single thing he was saying.

I am praying for Shirley all the time. I felt a deep sense of sadness when I hung up the phone today. I didn't even recognize that person I was talking to. But I knew it was her. And that is enough. I will take that. It's all I have.

Teresa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa...its ok...everyday there isnt anything to report...but if you feel like writing...we are here to hear what you have to say...one word or more. Write when you want...dont write...you have us so in tuned...that your non words speaks volume...thanks for being the go between...Our prayer are with you all...Robert

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and Prayers each day and every minute.

Diana

Anonymous said...

Teresa,you have done a great job with this blog and Iam sure it has helped to talk and there are things in our lives that no matter what we can not change we can only be there and you have been as like everyone else I love and miss all of you God Bless and hang in there,
love, Aunt Connie

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
I cant imagine how hard it is, but you are doing a wonderful thing with this blog. We are praying for you all daily. All our love
Janet Anne

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are sad honey.
My prayers and love sent your way always.
Love,
Robin

Anonymous said...

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WRITE EXCEPT I LOVE YOU ALL DEEPLY,
TEAR
KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB YOU ARE DOING TREE