January 10, 2009

My Visit With Shirley

Tonight I went out to mom and dad's and they treated me to dinner. My favorite...Chinese!!! Delicious. We had a very nice dinner and it's been a long time since I went to dinner alone with mom and dad. I enjoyed it a lot.

Then mom and I went up to see Shirley. She was just sitting down to dinner. Mike had made her salmon, corn and potatoes. She actually ate several bites. And we had good conversation. We mostly talked about our dogs and our kids. The normal stuff. She does seem very weak. So weak that she has a hard time even clearing her throat. Other than that, it was a good visit.

I normally try to write how I am feeling on this blog or how Shirley is doing or how my family is doing. I do want to make a statement on here. How much Shirley loves Mike and how much Mike loves Shirley. It is very obvious how much they love each other. Mike does an excellent job of taking care of Shirley every day. I do know that Shirley wants everyone to know how hard he works at taking care of everything. And my family respects and loves Mike for everything he does for her and Mike will forever be a part of our family. He is now trying to go back to work and I know that is hard. He is still recovering from his own injuries when he had his motorcycle wreck. I don't know that we always recognize him for the hard work he does put in, but I do know that Shirley did find the love of her life when Mike came along and I will always be grateful for that.

I do have some pictures to put on the blog but unfortunately my cord to my camera is not working. So I am going to try to replace that and get those pictures on here.

Kathy and I plan on going out again tomorrow and visiting. I can't wait!!!!

Love,

Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Teresa, not only your thoughts and how you are dealing with Shirleys illness, but also on how Shirley is doing. Thanks also for letting everyone know how much Shirley and Mike love each other, and how much Mike is doing for her. I have never had the opportunity to meet Mike, so its nice to read your comments and I can see how much you love and respect your brother-in-law.

Diana