January 22, 2009

One Week

We have been here one week today. Who could have known that we would still be here. She is a fighter. She is still fighting. I believe she is no longer conscious. Up until last night we were getting a tiny visit from her between 4:30 and 5:30 in the morning. This morning Mike and I did not get that visit. She was very quiet. And that is fine. We are all praying for God's mercy and peace for Shirley. The doctors tell us she has hit a plateau. Her breathing scares us at times. But her blood pressure and heart and lungs are all staying strong right now.

It's not pleasant watching Shirley go through this. It is breaking our hearts. But we will stand together and help her until she is ready. We visit and talk and laugh with her. We also tell her that everyone is praying and thinking of her. Please keep doing that.

Thank you,

Teresa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, what an amazing family you all are.

Continued thoughts and prayers.

Tina

Anonymous said...

We are still praying for you all!
Love you!
Janet Anne

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the update Teresa!! :) That was so nice about how you were getting those visits from Shirley :) I am still praying for God's Peace to fill that room!
I love you all
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Just remember us Lewis' are fighters. We do not go easily. She loves all of us so much and wants to make sure we know it. We have an amazing family and we love each other so much. I love you all out there and I wish I could be there for you. I LOVE YOU AUNT SHIRLEY THANK YOU FOR BEING AN INSPIRATION IN MY LIFE AND YOU ALWAYS WILL BE

Anonymous said...

To my kc family my prayers and thoughts are with you. I love you all so very much. give shirley a kiss for me. love aunt connie

Anonymous said...

I looked up the author of James Dillet Freeman on the internet this morning and this is the note I found with the Poem "I Am There" posted yesterday. I wanted to share it with you. Your family is so special to each other and I hope everyone is holding strong.

--- James Dillet Freeman
Note: This poem received a lot of attention in 1971 when it was taken to the moon by astronaut James B. Irwin on Apollo 15. Irwin's mother gave it to him before the flight and he actually left a copy of the poem on the moon. The author, James Dillet Freeman, is poet laureate of the Unity School of Christianity at Unity Village. He wrote the poem in 1947.

Someone Who Cares