January 13, 2009

:(


I don't have a title for this post tonight. I don't have any good news to report either. Shirley has been really sick the last couple of days. She has not kept any food down, not much liquid. I can report she is not in much pain, but she is very nauseated. She is very lethargic and very weak and tired. I knew today when I showed up that something was different. I'm not sure what exactly, but I could tell she was different. And as the morning progressed she got very nauseated and sick. So we called the hospice nurse and she came out.

She checked Shirley over and tried to figure out things to do for her nausea. They actually have stuff you can rub on your wrist and it will absorb through the skin. After she looked at Shirley she talked to Mom, Kathy, Mike and me in the livingroom. She told us that Shirley's body is rejecting food. And this is a sign of a body shutting down. If she had to guess how long Shirley had, she would guess days to maybe a week or two.

So I guess we are nearing the end of this horrible journey. I plan to be with her everyday, as much as I can. I still am dumbfounded that we are here. I don't know how we got here. I still do not believe it.

She is very sweet laying in her bed. She actually comforted me a little bit today. It made me feel bad. My #1 rule is not to cry in front of Shirley but today I couldn't stop. Thank you all for being interested and loving Shirley. I promise to update as much as I can.

Love and peace to everyone,

Teresa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa, I am so sorry to hear about the decline in Shirleys health, I continue to pray for Shirley and your family. It is terrible that something so tragic is happening to a very sweet and wonderful person. I know there are no words to give you comfort in a time like this, but know that I am thinking of all of you and praying for comfort and peace for Shirley and for you and the family to be able to have the strength that is needed in times like these.

Diana

Anonymous said...

Teresa,

I am a work friend of your brother Tim's and as I keep checking in and the news gets worse I am in awe of your strength and Tim's .

I heart just aches with every line . I know that all the I am sorry's in the world cannot help and if they could I would send millions .

I lost my daughter and when she died in my arms I was sure that I would take my own life or I begged the Lord to take me neither happened somehow I made looking back all I can offer is be sad when you want to be , yell and be mad when you want to , ask for a hug when you need one .

I would like to share a true story .

After I lost my daughter I was being forced by my family and ex-husband to go to go to a ' support group ' after the first session I was crying so hard during that session I couldn't even say my name as I was leaving this little old lady with the bluest eyes I have ever seen touched me on my arm and asked me
'Do you know how Angels are made' I said to her no just wanting her to go away so I could cry and she said
' They must be born unto this earth so God let you keep his Angel for 6 months' I was floored I did not recall this woman in the group and my Kara died at 6 months .

I reached for a tissue in my purse and she was gone and I really really believe that she was an Angel . I don't go to church so I am not a bible thumper but it's nice to see that another family has an Angel for 40+ years .

Hugs and Kisses,
Jeanette from Hapag-LLoyd

Anonymous said...

Teresa and all my love ones there all i can say hang in there as i know we can not change things as trust me if we could i would be first in line to do so i love you all and give shirley my love and everyone else too god bless and be strong. love aunt connie

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear Shirley has been so sick. I am thinking of you all. May God shine his light upon you all, give you comfort and peace.
Praying like crazy for ya.
Love,
Robin

Anonymous said...

My Prayer are with Shirley and your Family...