January 17, 2009

Doing Okay

So far today Shirley has done okay. She is resting peacefully right now. She did have some nausea and vomiting earlier. It seems whenever she drinks anything it will come back up. She whispered to me this morning that she can't talk. She is just too weak. So we have decided we have to quit asking how she is doing. She feels obligated to answer.

The family is just hanging out, taking turns checking in on her. Trying to do whatever she needs.

Definitely weaker today.

Teresa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Shirley, You are in my thoughts and prayers as is your entire family. God Bless... Teresa, thank you for the updates. Pat

Anonymous said...

My two most memorable thoughts of Shirley are when she was first born. I was 12 and we went to see Debbie & Shirley Marie. Shirley was named after my mom Marie & I thought that was so cool!

My next favorite memory of Shirley Marie was when I got married. Shirley Marie would have been about 7 & she was my flower girl.

There are others along the way but those are my favorites. Shirley Marie will always have a place in my heart.

Pam