January 14, 2009

Lots of Visitors

Today was a day full of visitors. Shirley had so many people who love her come to see her today. Val, Dot and Pat came to visit from Shirley's work. I will honestly say that one of the things I have learned from this experience is that there are people who love Shirley who are not even related to her. And these 3 ladies are some of them. They are so full of love and friendship it's wonderful to be around them. They filled Shirley's room with peace and I know that Shirley appreciated seeing them. I cannot express how much I love them for loving her. Shirley's pastor Lance came by the house and visited for awhile and said prayers with Shirley and with our family. That also felt was very comforting.

Later we had visits from Tom Francis, the social worker, more family. People are gathering around to be with her. I can't blame them. Most of the day was spent with Mike, Mom, Dad, Cindy, Tommy, Kathy, Timmy, Steve and I. We would visit with her off and on. She would become disoriented at times and be confused and then at other times o.k. I have definitely been able to tell her the things I need to tell her. Tonight she told me she loves me with every inch of her body. I will hold that in my heart forever.

Some plans are being made. Mike is trying to get some of the arrangements made beforehand. That was some good advice from the social worker. A lot of us sat around just looking at pictures today. I think we will be doing that for several days ahead. Shirley is a beautiful person inside and out. Anybody who knows Shirley has realized that. And that is what makes this so sad.

I have no idea how I am going to live my life without her. I pray every day and night that I will find a way to do that. It was never supposed to be this way. Most days I wake up so angry and mad at this whole situation and then I get near her and the anger goes away and I am so happy she is still here. I know that is selfish and I do pray for peace for Shirley. But secretly, I am glad she is still here.

She is very weak and our time is growing short. I can feel that. I will just treasure every second I have left. Thank you for your prayers.

Love, Teresa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa and family,
I tried to get a flight out of pittsuburgh yesterday to come there,however the weather is bad and there are no connecting flights. My heart aches for you all...I pray for peace for shirley as well as the whole family. I am so thankful for the memories I have of all of you growing up in Platte City and being able to come to see you guys alot more ofter than we do now. It is hard when we all live so far away. My heart aches for TearLynn too, I know she wants to be there so bad. Mom and I talk to her ofter. Please give Shirley a hug and kiss for me and please tell her I love her! Love to you all as well! Aunt Debbie, I love you and I am praying for you as well! JanetAnne

Anonymous said...

Now is a good time to make plans---cauase u think you are ready for her to be with JESUS---you r never ready. Celebreat her life--pick her favorit song. tell shirley we love her--- tell bob hi for me I guess she ll be helping in Gods garden. Love & Prayers Linda Allen

g said...

I love you all so much. May God bless you, and show you His peace.

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

You have touched so many hearts, may God Bless yours.
♥sharon

Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa - it's Andra. Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you guys. You're so brave...so is Shirley. All of you are...

Love to you all.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know how much your postings have been a blessing to me. Working with Shirley from so far away I never got to meet her in person but I came to love her in so many ways: her delightful spirit and wonderful, happy heart (she was always a joy).
Knowing how devastating this news has been for me on a personal level, I cannot imagine how you all have found the strength and faith to make sense of this all...
I am inspired by your love as a family and I know that the comfort and support you give to each other and to Shirley help so much to brighten these dark days.