January 18, 2009

Something is Different

I previously posted about being cranky. I was cranky because Shirley was not comfortable. Nauseated, vomiting. I got upset. Thought she should be more sedated. Well, as the night went on and yesterday came, that happened on its own. Shirley became more peaceful and was very relaxed. She slept all day yesterday. Not much movement. I could tell that something had changed. And then last night, late, they came into to give Shirley some drops under her tongue. When they asked her to open her mouth, she either wouldn't do it, or couldn't do it. I tried looking into her eyes and asking her to open and I could see it. The set jaw and the distant eyes. She didn't look like she could even see me.

I don't know what has happened, but right now there is no communication. Is it a turn for the worse, I don't know. The doctor will see her this morning. I am starting my 4th day here and with that much time you try to think about everything you should be prepared for. I never prepared for that. I never even considered that she wouldn't recognize me, or be able to talk to me. But that is where we are right now.

There isn't much coughing, I guess no pain...how could we tell. Her breathing is good and lungs are clear. I am praying so hard. I am praying for her to have peace. I am praying for us all to have peace. I keep telling her that I am tired of this place and let's get up and get out of here. Let's go do something more fun. I don't think that is going to happen.

Love,
Teresa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, sugar. Hang in there. Perhaps this is the peace you've been praying for...

I'm thinking about you...

Andra

Anonymous said...

Teresa and family my prayers are with you to be strong and for shirley to have peace I know it is hard but you will be ok and get through it God will hold onto Shirley and will give you peace you have done a tremendus job with this blog and you all have given all you got 100 per cent and more and god will handle the rest. i love you all give shirley a kiss for me, love Aunt Connie

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
This is the peace you have been praying for. Just always know that although Shirley may not be able to talk to you, she does with out a doubt feel you all and hear you. I love you all! And still praying for you all.
JanetAnne

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers.

Diana

Anonymous said...

All my thoughts and prayers.

Tina

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you praying for that peace of God to come and surrond you. We are there with you Teresa and glad you are there with her keeping all of us updated.

We love you all so much!
Hugs and kisses!!

Love,
Uncle Dan, Aunt Carolyn, & Tracy

Anonymous said...

Teresa,

The coming days will continue to bring change. Some of it will be change beyond comprehension. Shirley knows her family and loved ones are with her and that alone gives her comfort and peace. May you and your family be surrounded by distant family and all your friends in the coming days and hours. I pray for Shirley's comfort and for your family to have the stregnth needed to get through whatever it is that God has in store. Take care of yourself and thank you for keeping us informed of Shirley's status.

Sincerely,
Co-worker and Friend of Shirley's