January 11, 2009

Update

Okay, today my update isn't the greatest. Kathy and I went to visit Shirley this afternoon and she wasn't doing so great. She was very weak when we got there and unfortunately one of Shirley's biggest problems has to do with her bowels. If they are not working, Shirley is in a lot of pain. And unfortunately, they are currently not working. If this stuff can't come out one way, it will come out another. And today it came out in the form of vomiting. She actually vomits up the bile. It's awful. So we called the hospice nurse because our methods of making Shirley go potty were not working. Let's hope they can get this taken care of.

Shirley is definitely getting weaker. She sleeps most of the time we are there. Very little conversation. Kathy and I try to talk and keep her spirits up ...I don't know how good we do. At one point, Shirley looked at us and said "so what time are you coming tomorrow". And at that point, we were planning on working. I think we have changed our minds and we will be with her tomorrow. I don't know how much time we have, but I know that I feel the need to be close to her all the time. To take care of her and love her.

Kathy was very sweet and bought her some new cloth caps to wear. She was very, very happy to get those.

At one moment when we were there and Shirley was getting sick, Kathy and I were helping her and taking care of her. It made me feel so content inside to know that we were there for her. I know Mike and Mom take care of her all of the time, but I was happy we could do a little bit. I would spend every second with her if I could.

I did tell her how much everyone is thinking of her and praying for her. She smiled...so I know that made her feel good. I will be there tomorrow with her and doing whatever I can. Keep praying for us. We love you all!!!

Love

Teresa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
I know it is hard, but I am so glad you have hospice to help you all. You are doing a great job. It is such a wonderful thing you are doing with this blog. Please give SHirley a kiss and hug for me. Love to you all. Janet Anne

Anonymous said...

you and Kathy are very good for her and I am very proud of the both of you. I know what great sisters I have and to know that shoirley does also. I wish I was there to help but I am doing my best by calling and talking to Mike and the kids and prayers.
Lord Father, help my sister Shirley and give her a miracle today. Bless my sisters and Mother as well as her husband and children. Protect them and comfort their hearts,
In Jesus name, Amen
love to you all Tear

Anonymous said...

teresa.hope and pray that shirley had a better day today Mond. you have been jn my thoughts and prayers every second of the day give Mom and Dad and all else mine and aunt carols love and prayers
love,aunt connie