August 10, 2009

Yes, I am Alive!!!!





I had no idea camping was so much fun. I actually enjoyed setting up my tent and cooking over the fire. I cooked everyone the bacon and eggs yesterday morning and it turned out delicious. They had us in a spot that was completely covered by trees so it was cool the entire time. At night we actually had to use our sleeping bags. At night, we would spend girl time around the camp fire. Saturday we were on the river floating for about 6 hours. And that was my favorite part. I love the water, I love the sun, I love nature. I am burnt and sore today, but hey, I'm 41. Not as young as I used to be. And yet, I am ready to go again.
It was awesome to go with the girls from work, but I was so happy Kelly went with me. I know I would not have enjoyed it as much as I did without her. We work really well together. In more ways than one. By yesterday, we were both ready to just come home. We missed our families.
I think I am done taking trips for awhile. No more until Mexico in January.
I am really proud of myself. There were several times I could have become a big crybaby this weekend. There was alcohol, girl talk, campfire....Shirley entered my mind a lot. But instead, I told the funniest Shirley story ever and made everyone laugh. Most of you know the funny Shirley story which involves Kohl's. It felt good to laugh instead of cry. I will tell Shirley stories for the rest of my life.
There was also a lot of snoring going on in the campsite. Definitely brought back Shirley memories.
Now, on with the rest of the week....grrrrr!!!!
Love,
Teresa




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awsome...I'm glad you have fun. I LOVE to go camping. I never sleep better. That's also great that you could be happy talking about Shirley instead of sad. I'm happy for you..

Dusty

Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa,

Your breakfast looked really good!! :) Glad you survived lol Sounds like the river was a blast! (all except that your burnt) I love going in the tube down the river, it's even better when it's really warm and you aren't freezing your butt off!

Funny stories are always the best too! :) I like to laugh, it really is good medicine.

We are going camping this week too on Wed. In Canada. I just hope the weather is still nice and it's not too chilly since we are going north.

Anyway, hope you have a good work week and cake on that aloe vera lotion!!

Love,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

You're safe and sound! haha Glad you had a good time and that you could share some fun Shirley stories. Next dinner night, I need to hear the Kohl's story. :)

Love,
Teresa