August 21, 2009

What Will The Weekend Bring...

Well, tonight we will be watching the Chiefs game with Joe and Kelly and the kiddos. Football season is definitely here. And I love it.

I was just telling Steve the other night that I didn't even enjoy any football game or college basketball game last year. It was so completely unimportant. And that was the first year that it was that way since I have been married. :( Made me sad.

Sunday it will be seven months since Shirley left. I am torn between my feelings of hating that time is just ticking away. It feels like she has just been gone forever. And my feelings of wishing it had been 15 years since she left so maybe it wouldn't hurt so bad.

Last night I had dinner with the girls from high school!!!! What a blast. The group included Teresa, Teresa, Jennifer, Kelly, Linda and my sister Kathy. Yea!! They are so much fun. And it was really comforting having Kathy sitting next to me. After dinner at Jose Peppers, we ended up at my house so the girls could meet the bad doggie!!! Teresa has two rescue golden retrievers and they are just awesome. So she wanted to meet the half golden/half chow monster. And so she did. He gave them all their one on one face time. He insists on standing with his paws on your chest and looking you directly in the eye for at least 30 seconds to a minute. You may get a little kiss on the chin...depending what mood he is in. He loved on the ladies for a good half hour and was in heaven. He slept really good last night.

Aunt Carolyn comes to town tomorrow. I know mom is loving that. She will be here for the week and they are taking a little weekend trip to Springfield. Wish I could go. Just can't make the trip this time.

O.K. now that I have rambled on...I am wishing you all a great weekend. Think of my Shirley on Sunday and smile.

Love,

Teresa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of her on Sunday and of all of you. Sometimes alone time is good and just when you are about to break God sends someone your way like Kathy.
I am thinking if you constantly kid.
Miss and love you and all the rest of the gang, love Tear

Anonymous said...

Had a blast last night! I loved meeting your wonderful kids and seeing Steve again and did I ever love smooching on that dog! He is just a doll. Thanks for letting me wrestle around with him. :0)

Love,
Teresa