August 11, 2009

Founder of Special Olympics has died:(


For those who did not know...my daughter has participated in Special Olympics. So I am sad that she has died. I am sure that Eunice Kennedy Shriver is better known for being JFK's sister, but I think she must have been a really good person to create an organization like the Special Olympics.


Kelsey has participated in Cheerleading and Gymnastics and always has done really well. When Shirley got sick, I cut out as much as I could in my life to be there for her. And that was one thing that we stopped doing. Aunt Shirley would always come and see Kelsey perform. It will be hard...but I think maybe we should start again.


Love,


Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is really cool that Kelsey was able to perform in that program! I didn't know she was a part of that :) I love watching the gymnastics whenever they show them on t.v.

Well, I hope she is able to start up with that again. Sounds like fun. Shirley will have a better view too now that she's above it all :)


Tracy