August 31, 2009

A year ago...

I was planning to help Shirley clean out her basement. It was very distressing to her for people to see her basement messy and I knew that was something that would make her happy. So we spent the whole Saturday on Labor Day Weekend cleaning her basement. Now, cleaning is not my favorite thing to do, but with her...I just wanted her to be happy. And I think she was. I know I definitely did not want her doing it...she did not have the energy for it. I wish it was a year ago.

Shirley is weighing heavy on my mind and heart right now. Her birthday is two weeks away. I'm almost dreading it. It makes me sick to my stomach. I cannot believe she is not here to celebrate her birthday. She loved her birthday.

Is she really not here??? That's how I feel all of the time.

Love,

Teresa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just here to offer you a hug, friend. ((((((Teresa))))))

Love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

I hope the happy thoughts & memories of Shirley flood your mind as we approach Labor Day weekend!

Love you,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

We are nearing the 1yr anniversary of Jack's dad leaving us..watching Jack listen to a voicemail on our home phone just tears me up, I understand your sadness. Enjoy having family and remembering good memories around you in the upcoming days & weeks. Sorry I missed all of you for dinner as you know times are tough and extra $ was just not there, hoping to see everyone soon!

Love,
Jennifer