August 07, 2009

Hmmmmm....


"Your willingness to recover and rebuild reflects the very best of what your loved one has given you".
I just read that on the website I get on for bile duct cancer. It's a support group type of website and it does help. I just don't know if quotes like that help me or not. I do think about it a lot when I read them. But when I try to figure out if it is helping or not, I always realize that the huge pain that I feel is still there. The tremendous feeling of loss and hurt. So I don't think it does help. I already know that Shirley left me with a million memories that make me feel good and laugh and cry. But that doesn't make me feel better that she is gone. I wish I was that type of person that it would help. But it doesn't.
When I get extremely sad, I really do try to remember the funny things she did. Which, as we all know, go on forever. It does make me laugh.
Funny thing...when I woke up this morning to see if I had packed everything I needed. I wondered if I should pack one of my pictures of her. When I am at home, she surrounds me in a million pictures in my house. When I am at work, her picture sits right in front of me. So I see her and think about her every single day. I am now going camping, and I won't have that. So, of course, ....I packed a picture:)
Wish me luck on the camping trip. The hottest weekend of the year of course. I will report back on Monday ....hopefully!!!!!
Love,
Teresa
P.S. Jesse (Kathy's daughter) is in a pageant this weekend!!! Good luck Jesse!!!! Aunt Teresa
loves you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa

Hope you have a great camping trip. Can't wait to hear how it went.

Tina

Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa,

I hope you have a lot of fun camping! It will be great!

That's really cool that Jesse is in a pagent! :) I hope she does awesome, I'm sure she will.

Love,
Tracy

P.S. I always pack pictures too when I go on trips. It's a comfort thing :) I like it.