August 19, 2009

Nik Had a Headache...



and it kept both of us up all night. Monday in the middle of the night, Nik (my almost 18 year old) came to my bedroom with a horrible headache. Medicine did not take it away and then it turned into vomiting. This lasted for four hours. It was awful. I did realize during that time, it doesn't matter if he is 8 or 18. It feels the same for the momma. I just wanted to make it all go away. And the whole time I just sat there and worried it was something a lot worse than just a headache. I came to the conclusion that he had developed some sort of Migraine headache during the night. Headaches are not normal for him so I'm still a little worried. He will see a doctor next week. I will tell you the entire time he was getting sick, I didn't see a boy ...almost a man standing there...I saw my little boy. When Nik was little, he hated getting sick more than anything in the world. He would stomp his feet and get so angry. He didn't stomp his feet the other night, but he wasn't happy.



So another stormy day out and I am back at work. The weather and lack of sleep kind of brings me down. So I will make an effort to think Happy Thoughts today:)

Have a wonderful day...

Love,

Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yuk, that sucks, I hope he is feeling better. It is alawys good to have mom taking care of you when you are sick. Hope you have a good day.

Tina