July 01, 2009

I still miss Shirley

(last year's 4th of July)

So many things happen on a daily basis that make me think of her...but mostly it is just that it is summer. I think about the things we would plan to do every summer. Go to garage sales, cook out and drink on her deck, play cards. Especially when our kids were younger. We would get together a lot so they could play together. It's just the entire season. Yet, it will not get any better when fall gets here. I would tease her for getting her halloween stuff out September 1st. And how my son Nik would defend her because he thought that was sooo cool.

Last night the movie Grease was on. I closed my eyes and I could see her singing those songs. We both loved that movie.

An update on the Harley dog...he is doing great. He had a blockage that they took care of and he is home recovering. But yesterday Kelly had her own injury. She turned her ankle going down some stairs. Please, everybody pray for a quick recovery so she can enjoy her vacation as well this next week.

The weekend is quickly approaching and I have done nothing to prepare for our trip. But that's how I work. Save everything until the last minute.

Hope everyone is having an awesome summer so far...Yes, Tracy...4 day weeks...AWESOME!!!

I hope everyone knows how much I love them and appreciate their comments, support and love. It helps fill this awful empty void I have ...

Love,
Teresa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have an awesome trip...Colorado is great. I love it.

Dusty

Anonymous said...

Colorado sounds great. Hope you all have a wonderful time.

Tina

Anonymous said...

Safe travels to you, Teresa. Have a GREAT time!

Love,
Teresa