July 02, 2009

Signing off for awhile...


I will leave for vacation tomorrow and won't be back until a week from today. I am really, really excited. And really, really sad. I am so thankful for Joe and Kelly and their kids. I love them soo much. And I know that we will have a great time together. We always do. But I should be planning this 4th of July with Shirley. Like I have done for the past however many years. Sitting on her deck watching fireworks. I knew last year when I was sitting there it would be my last time.

As I was driving to work this morning, I was overwhelmed remembering that I had dreamed about her. Again. And it was just like all of a sudden it flashed back. I was holding her. And she was smiling at me. There were a lot of people around us but I was trying to ignore them so I could take care of her. She never spoke but she just kept smiling at me. I knew she needed me to hold her. The tears just started uncontrollably. It felt really good to get that out. I needed a good cry.
Sammy turns 16 on Monday. I never would have thought in a million years Shirley would not see her daughter turn 16. Sam is doing great and will be just fine...but I know she will miss her momma.
I will miss writing on here this week. I really feel sorry for you guys. Can you imagine everything bottled up inside of me for a week and then coming back and writing on here. Wow...you guys will be reading for days.
Have a very safe and happy holiday weekend. I hope my friends know that I love them and appreciate their support. Even my friends just on the blog. Who write and support me. I look forward to those message. And my family...I know they know how much I love them. More than ever.
Love,
Teresa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa

I hope you have a wonderful vacation with your family. Colorado is one of my favorite places. I can't wait to hear about it when you get back. ENJOY!

Tina

Anonymous said...

I also can't wait to see what you think..I love Colorado, too. I hope you get to relax and have some serious fun.

Dusty

Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa,

I'm a day late and you have left but you will see when you get back. :)

I hope you all have a great vacation! It's so important to have "family time" vacations too :) Hence all the summer vacations as a kid coming out to see everyone. Driving there was always an adventure with Nathan and me in the back seat annoying each other & of course driving our parents nuts. But it's worth it to have those memories when you're older. :)

I hope you all have a blast and I hope your week feels extended so you get to enjoy your time away!

Love you,
Tracy

Kathy said...

Well I am missing Teresa even though I am sure she is having a blast. I haven't talked to her since Friday. I guess I will have to do lunch by myself this week. But...she will be getting back tomorrow and I will have to bug the heck out of her and I am sure she will be talking my ear off. As if that is anything new. She definitely will have a lot of blogging to do. :-)