July 31, 2009

Friday!!!!!


Thank the good Lord. I was just reading back on my posts from last year and the 29th of July was the one year anniversary of my Rocky dying. That really sucked. The very first animal in my entire life that I had to actually take in and have put to sleep. And watch it happen. I look back on that time and realize how much was going on around me and how badly I really did not need that to happen. He was an awesome dog. Funniest looking dog I have ever seen. But so sweet.

Now Sue has fit right into our family and trying to fill that void. That's the difference with animals. You can normally find another one that you can love as much and give all of your attention to. And it helps heal some of that sadness inside of you. I will always miss him but I find myself loving my Sue the same way.

That will never happen with Shirley. As long as I live, I will never find anything to help heal that pain. And it will always hurt just as bad. You just have to learn to live with it and accept the fact that this is the way you will feel as long as you live.

I watched a movie called Bride Wars last night. Really funny movie. I enjoyed it a lot. At the end of the movie they talk about how you can find that special someone to marry, but the person that is the most important to you isn't always your spouse. And you never even realize it until something happens to make you realize it. That's how I felt the day Shirley was told she had cancer. I knew that day for the very first time how much I loved her.

We are going out with Tim and Bea tonight. More Mexico trip planning. More drinking...of course. I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!!!

I love you,

Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! :) Your Rocky was sooo adorable!!! Was he pure bull dog? Frank wanted to get a bull dog but I wanted a Schnauzer cuz I had one growing up and they don't shed...I shed more than she does lol ;o I've never seen your dog before, my mom would tell me about how cute he was when she was over your house and got to see him but somehow didn't ever get a picture.

Anyway, that is soo true about what you were saying from that movie. You really don't know until you don't have that someone there. It is very sad :(

Well, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Love always,
Tracy