July 09, 2009

And then the vacation is over...

(Shirley's Christmas Tree)


Just like that. I am back. Grrrr....I don't want to be back. The trip was awesome. We had so much fun with Joe, Kelly and the kids. We tried to squeeze so much in. The pictures will not do it justice. We left on Friday and got back Wednesday night. We did the Alpine Sleds in Breckenridge, we did a Gondola ride up the mountain, we got to do a dinner/wagon ride that was incredible. We white water rafted and the guys went to a Colorado Rockies game. We watched fireworks over the lake. Just so much fun. I missed being home here with everyone. But it was a really great vacation.

Poor Nik got altitude sickness the very first second we went up the mountain and never really recovered. No matter what we tried. He did have moments when he felt o.k. so he got to enjoy some of the vacation.
But back at work. I did want to post one picture on here that probably meant the most to me. Odd. The last day we were there I went shopping in one little store. And I happened upon this purple Christmas tree. I think that was Shirley's Christmas tree. Just reminding me that she was there with me. She would have loved shopping in those little shops at the resort with me. I wanted to take that tree home with me.
I am trying to get my pictures loaded on a new website. So I will put that link up here as soon as I can so you can look at how much fun we had!!!

Love,

Teresa



P.S. Update on the bad dog....I do think he was a little traumatized from the whole experience...don't think I will ever leave him again. Here is a picture of how tired he was last night...he let us put socks on his feet:(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am happy you had a nice time on the vacation. Looking forward to some pictures. Look at that tired puppy! Awwww! I am sure he was happy to see you!

Love,
Teresa