May 21, 2009

Tonight


So tonight I am supposed to go to a retirement party for a former teacher of mine. I know this is hard for most people to believe about me, but I am not comfortable in crowds of people that I am not used to being around. I normally can just talk my way into being comfortable...or drink my way ...whatever is appropriate for the situation. Tonight...it might take alcohol. I am excited to see people from my past, but again, it's been over 20 years. I know they will all want to tell me they are sorry about Shirley. And that is really nice and I appreciate it. And I know they really are sorry. I know that every teacher in our high school loved Shirley. Especially after having Tommy as a student first. Anyway, think about me and hope for the best. I'm nervous but I will be with the girls from high school, so it should be fine.


3 day weekend is right around the corner. I'm so ready!!!! It is Memorial Weekend so I am starting to plan my visit to Shirley...In the past, memorial weekend was always for planning something fun. The beginning of summer...Cookouts, swimming. But now it is a weekend that I will have somebody to remember and honor. I wish I didn't. :(


Love,


Teresa

No comments: