May 04, 2009

Busy Weekend is Over

Well, Teresa had to work on Saturday...grrrr. I work for a landscaping company and twice a year they are open to the public. And the day turned out to be a beautiful day ... so even busier than usual. And the same for next Saturday... It's kind of weird because last year they had asked me to work the sale and I said absolutely not. My sister had just been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I needed to be with her every chance I had. So when I agreed to work these two Saturdays all of those old feelings came up. And it does seem that no matter what I am doing or where I am at...there are always reminders of Shirley's cancer. We were at the movies Friday night and sure enough... a preview of a movie called My Sister's Keeper came on. I just cannot get a break for some reason.

I did want to share a text message that I got from Sam. She made the National Honor Society. Yea for Sam!!!!!! Shirley would be sooo proud of her. I know that the weekend ahead will be very tough for Sam and Alex. And I know that it will be tough for my mother. Hopefully I will be strong and help them through it any way that I can.

Kathy is out of town this week to train for her new job. I will miss our weekly lunch that we have on Tuesday:( Pray that she makes it home safely this weekend.

Have a great day!!!!

Love,
Teresa

No comments: