May 08, 2009

It's a Better Day




Today is better. I have talked to several people this morning who are getting their bracelets in the mail and I don't know why...but it makes me feel really good inside. I guess I feel it's our way to show Shirley that we are thinking about her every single day and she will never ever be forgotten. Every time we feel that bracelet on our arm, we will think of her. Or if somebody asks you about your bracelet...that will give you the chance to talk somebody who we loved with all of our heart. And it makes us some of the luckiest people in the world. I feel so lucky to have been her sister for 40 years and a lot of people ask me about my bracelet, and that's what I tell them. It's not really about the cancer, it's about her. And at the same time, the word can get out that we need to know about this rare killer that took her from us. Who knows, maybe it will help. Maybe not. I watched Michael J. Fox last night and I would really like to be as optimistic as he is someday. Not happening any time real soon...but maybe some day.



I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I hope we all treasure the moms we have. Because some people aren't as lucky as I am to have their mother around, so I will be extra grateful for mine. I love my mom more and more every day that she is here and would never have made it through the tragedy we experienced without her.





Love, Teresa:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teresa -
I hope you have a good weekend. Happy Mothers Day.
Tina