May 07, 2009

Sad

Today has turned into a sad day. I know that I have told you all that when Shirley was diagnosed I immediately turned to the internet to research everything I could about this horrible disease that entered our lives. One of the first websites I found was the cholangiocarcinoma.org site. The site where we are getting our bracelets from. I started posting on that website immediately asking many questions. The first person to respond to me was a man named Jeff. And what was really surprising was that he was from Wichita. He was so helpful and full of desperately needed answers ...and the reason for that is he had survived 9 years with this cancer. He was my inspirational story that I told about Shirley all of the time. It was my way of giving her hope. Well Jeff died today. So I am sad. I am sad for his family.

I'm not sure why I keep going to this website. I have made some Internet friends I guess. And I keep praying that I will read on there that somebody has found treatment that will help. I appreciate the people who run this website because they are always working at trying to raise awareness and research for bile duct cancer.

So tonight, I will say an extra prayer for Jeff's family. I will ask God to help them through the overwhelming pain and grief they will be experiencing...

:( Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is sad Teresa :( I will be praying for Jeff's family too tonight!

love you,
Tracy