May 19, 2009

Lunch

(in St. Louis)


Today I am having lunch with my momma and Cindy!!! With Kathy's new job I am really missing having lunch dates. I still get that urge quite a bit to instant message Shirley on days when I am wanting to get out of the office and go to lunch. She would just make me laugh so hard because she was so good at the "lingo" people use on the internet. I would always get a little pop up that would say "yt"...that would be for "you there". And she always did the "lol". And I guess that's because we were always laughing. If there was every a day we needed a lunch partner...we would just send a little message to each other. We did that for so many years. The very last lunch we did together at work like that was probably about a year ago, just me and her and we went to Panera's. We sat and cried right there in the restaurant the entire time. And we didn't care who saw. And then she walked me back into my office and hugged me for the longest time. And we cried some more. She was a great hugger.

But today will be a happy lunch...of course it's Chinese. Duh! I am definitely looking forward to the 3 day weekend....cannot get here fast enough. Let's hope the weather stays the same as it is today.

I am counting down the days to dad's party. Can't wait to see everyone who comes!!!!

Love,
Teresa

No comments: