May 20, 2009

The Lake

For lunch today, I went to Shawnee Mission Lake. It was beautiful and peaceful. I used to go there a lot last summer and wonder what was happening to our lives. I tried to stare at the water and find some hope. Watch the dogs playing and try to be happy. I cried a lot last summer. This is the first time I have been back by myself on my lunch hour. And no matter how many times I say it or think it....times goes so fast. It's like it was yesterday that I was sitting there praying for a miracle.

One thing happened that I thought was odd...Alan Jackson's "Sissy's Song" came on right when three geese flew over the water. I know that there are ways that Shirley talks to me. That was one of them. Just like Kristi and Paige when they went to visit her. Whether it's through a song, geese, a dream, whatever. I have to believe that.

I have allergies or a cold...I can't figure out which one. Not feeling great and a little down today. So I will cry a little and maybe get it out of my system as I sit here in my cube.

Mom is getting dad's party together, so that is very exciting. I am hoping everyone can come. I would love for my dad and our family to be surrounded by as many family and friends as we can and help him celebrate turning 70. So please put June 13th on your calendar and let mom know if you are coming.

Love,

Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've been hearing "Sissy's Song" a lot lately and every time I do I think of you and Shirley. I really like that song, he makes it sound so peaceful.

I miss Shirley too! :(

love you,
Tracy